Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cherries Prank Phone Call

Well when I was living in Laramie I worked at a place called Cherries Ice Cream and Grill. I loved that job and everyone I worked with. OK not everyone but for the most part everyone.

Anyways, we liked to play pranks on one another pretty often. One night when I was off I get a phone call from Cami who is at work. She says that I need to call back on the Cherries line and make a huge food order cause the cook Pat was laughing at her and one other girl working cause they were getting tons of ice cream orders and no food orders were coming in.

So I get my off the phone with her and I call Cherries. Pat answers the phone. I tell him I would like to place an order. He says go ahead. I tell him I want: one cowboy, 2 foot long chili cheese dogs, 5 chicken strip baskets. He stops me and asks what kind of sauce I want with those. I ask what kind do they have(that was one thing that drove all of us insane when people asked what sauces we had). He takes a deep breath like he is annoyed and says, honey mustard, ranch, sweet and sour, BBQ, and gravy. I tell him oh I would like one of each in each basket please. By this time he knows its a joke cause he is laughing and cussing. I tell him I would also like to choice deluxe burgers. He asks if I would like anything to drink I tell him and medium Pepsi. You want one drink for all this food?, he asked. Yup that's will do. He then asks what name i this for? I hadn't thought about a name so I'm all like, ummm uhhh Barbara(as I'm laughing). He says OK Barbara(Laughing) what time do you want to pick this up.
Now working at Cherries I knew what time pisses the cook off the most when you pick up your food. They close at 10:30pm so I say 10:15 and it was like 8:00 when I called. He says OK we'll have that ready for you(yeah right under his breath).

I hang up and wait for another 2minutes and call back. Pat answers and I says oh hi this is Barbara again( omg he says). I says I really hate to due this but I need to change the time of my order. What time he asks. Oh say around 9:00. OK fine. he hangs up. This is like 8:40 now.

Well Ryan was outside talking to 2 of his friends, Steve and Josh. Well I go out and tell them about the phone calls. So Josh grabs my phone and calls back. He gets Pat on the phone. He says," Hy is this Pat?" Pat says yes. "Well my wife just called and I don't like how you were cussing and laughing in the phone. I'm a really hungry man and I need a lot of food. You better have our food ready for us at 9:00 when my wife comes down or I might have to come down there myself."

Oh course Josh had this on speaker phone and he was dead serious when he was talking. You could tell that Pat knew he meant business. So I hop on my bike and ride down to Cherries to "pick-up my food". When I get there Pat all yells at me that he thought it was a really order after Josh called. He had went up to Cami and said if you know anything you better tell me now before I have to cook all this food!
Oh course Cami told him it was me, but it was still really funny.

The funnier thing is the next day it was Rocky, Pat, and myself working and when it gets cold at night sometimes the cable the cars would drive over to ring the bell for the drive thru wouldn't work. Well this day it happened, so Pat wasn't able to hear the order through the speaker cause we took it at the window. So they lady ordered 2 strip baskets with each sauce in each of them. Well when I got back and tell Pat the order he doesn't believe me due to the fact the lady wanted each sauce in both of the strips baskets like in my prank phone call.

We had to finally drag him out to the window where he asked the lady what sauces she wanted and she told that he believed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment